BLM-like activists, fueled by mega-doses of P.C. (“safe spaces! microaggressions!”) are feeling newly empowered, have succeeded in getting both the President of the University of Missouri, Tim Wolfe, and the school’s Chancellor, R. Bowen Loftin, to resign.
Among the “offenses” black students have complained about:
- a swastika drawn in feces was found in a dormitory bathroom
What is a President or Chancellor supposed to do about something like this?
- being subjected to racial slurs by passerby in cars and on campus
Again, what is a President or Chancellor supposed to do about something like this?
- one student told the Los Angeles times she and other girls were kicked out of a fraternity party for being black
This same allegation was made recently at Yale. It’s funny how there never seems to be any video of this, in the age of ubiquitous cell phones.
- another student said a professor told her she was only at the university because of affirmative action requirements
No video of this either?
- not receiving any university support after the fatal police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri
“University support”? What does this mean: more cookies and ‘safe spaces’?
- no response from Mr Wolfe after black students stopped his car at a homecoming parade
What the f*ck is the ‘issue’ here?
- being treated differently to white students on campus
On the one hand, I delight in watching the circular firing squad that is Political Correctness kill its own, and implode academia. It’s a comeuppance I relish in witnessing.
On the other hand, I worry that insane social standards borne in academia eventually do trickle into corporate workplaces (vis-à-vis female and minority-dominated HR departments, among the most P.C. institutions you will ever find.)