Dear GOP, if you’re going to be called a party of white people in the first place, you might as well leverage that label for the truth it might contain.
- “Are conservatives the new Confederates?” — Ed Schultz’s poll question of the day on MSNBC.
- “Jesse Jackson: Tea Party Is the ‘Resurrection of the Confederacy'” — Politix
- “Charlie Rangel: Tea Party Is ‘Same Group’ Of ‘White Crackers’ Who Fought Civil Rights” – TalkingPointsMemo
- “Former United Nations Ambassador Andrew Young stated that Trayvon Martin is one of several martyrs under the cause of civil rights violence and injustice.” — CBS Tampa
- “Obama teared up watching The Butler” — Politico
- “Man, can you believe they have me speaking tomorrow, 50 years to the day of the greatest speech ever given. That’s like following Jesus.” — Obama, today on the Tom Joyner Morning Show.