David Axelrod on the Trump surge:
“Here’s the gist. Open-seat presidential elections are shaped by perceptions of the style and personality of the outgoing incumbent. Voters rarely seek the replica of what they have,” Axelrod wrote. “They almost always seek the remedy, the candidate who has the personal qualities the public finds lacking in the departing executive.”
IOW, Trump is the “Yang” to Obama’s “Ying”.
“So who among the Republicans is more the antithesis of Mr. Obama than the trash-talking, authoritarian, give-no-quarter Mr. Trump?” he asked, noting later, “Relentlessly edgy, confrontational and contemptuous of the niceties of governance and policy making, Mr. Trump is the perfect counterpoint to a president whose preternatural cool and deliberate nature drive his critics mad.”
Well, that’s one way to characterize the Ying and the Yang. An alternative way would be to see Obama as The Organizer: a man with zero leadership qualities. Our nation has been leaderless, rudderless, the past 8 years.
- Obama, rather than celebrating and promoting America, castigates America and ‘leads from behind’.
- Obama embodies the diminished standing the U.S. has in the world since he took office.
- Obama’s “JV Team”, ISIS, is spreading like wildfire around the world.
- Obama uses Executive Orders to bypass legislatively passed immigration laws and generally sides 100% with illegal aliens.
- Obama wants to bring tens of thousands of Muslim ‘refugees’ into the U.S.
- Obama likes to ‘spread the wealth’ around.
- Obama noted that if had a son, he’d “look a lot like Trayvon.”
- Obama refers to whites in Middle America as ‘Bitter Clingers’.
- Obama described his white grandmother as a ‘typical white woman’.
- Obama has brought race relations to their worst levels in years.
- Obama’s selective DOJ rage has created a Ferguson Effect, with untold numbers of violent crimes and murders now taking place that might’ve otherwise been stopped.
So, yes, Mr. Axelrod, Donald Trump is certainly the opposite of Obama.