Hating her has become viral. Count me as a longtime hater. I can’t wait for the Vanity Fair piece.
Born of wealthy Hollywood royalty parents (she had an “uncle Steven Spielberg”!), she still insists her talent and hard work is why she broke into movies.
She is married to the Coldplay tool.
She names her children Moses & Apple.
She desperately tries to ‘relate’ to the common people, recommending them a pair of $2,000 boots vis-à-vis her Goop website.
Here are a few quotes from her, which tells you a lot:
- “I am who I am. I can’t pretend to be somebody who makes $25,000 a year.”
- On taking a retreat to Sedona, Arizona: “I’ll never forget it. I was starting to hike up the red rocks, and honestly, it was as if I heard the rock say: ‘You have the answers. You are your teacher.’ I thought I was having an auditory hallucination.”
- “Beauty fades! I just turned 29, so I probably don’t have that many good years left in me.”
- “When you go to Paris and your concierge sends you to some restaurant because they get a kickback, it’s like, ‘No. Where should I really be? Where is the great bar with organic wine? Where do I get a bikini wax in Paris?’”
- “I first had a version of this at a Japanese monastery during a silent retreat—don’t ask, it’s a long story.”
Now you know why I like the ending of Seven so much.