It always seems like the ‘anti-fascist’ counter-protesters are the violent ones, and the ‘neo-Nazi’ protesters, assembling legally, the peaceful ones:
STOCKHOLM (AP) — Swedish riot police briefly clashed with thousands of people protesting against a neo-Nazi political party’s election rally in Stockholm about two weeks before a parliamentary vote.
Canine units and mounted police also were used Saturday to keep the large crowd from approaching about 150 members of the far-right Party of the Swedes who marched along Stockholm’s waterfront. Protesters hurled fireworks, bottles and security fences at police.
What is the ‘Party of the Swedes’. Their political program reads as follows:
- • 1. Sweden should also in the future be Swedish: Only people who belong to the western genetic and cultural heritage, where ethnic Swedes are included, should be Swedish citizens.
- • 2. Sweden shall be governed by the Swedes: Non-Swedes shall not be allowed to hold positions of power in Swedish society.
- • 3. Sweden shall be governed for the Swedes: All policy decisions should be based on what is best for the interests of ethnic Swedes.
- • 4. Sweden shall be governed as effectively as possible: The state apparatus shall be headed by a modern system of government that benefits the Swedes as efficiently as possible. The form of the government must be based on competence and responsibility, and its mission must always be to serve the people, not vice versa. The government’s motto should be improvement, development and what’s best for all of the people.
- • 5. Sweden shall have actual self-government: Collaborations with other countries shall be gladly carried out, but no agreement stating that a supranational government will be accepted.
- • 6. Sweden shall be a safe country to live in: Security, both individual and economic, should be one of the society’s foundations.
- • 7. Freedom of expression: All questions shall be allowed to be discussed in Sweden, research shall be free, and restriction of privacy by governmental surveillance of non-criminal citizens shall not be allowed.
- • 8. Swedish resources shall be owned by the Swedish people: Major Swedish natural resources and public utilities should be owned by the Swedish people meaning that all profits from such business returns to the population and not to foreign or private interests.
- • 9. Community cohesion and social justice should permeate society: Class fragmentation should be replaced by class community whereby all of the peoples’ creative and productive efforts are highly valued and no social group is allowed to advance at the expense of any other.
- • 10. Sweden shall have strong environmental and animal welfare goals: Sweden has unique nature that is worth protecting and preserving. Food industry and other industries dealing with livestock must be ethically sound and sustainable.